The organisation is very resourceful and highly sophisticated for its size
Right to Acquire
Sadeh Lok Assured tenants living in homes built after 1997 may have the right to acquire their homes with a discount. This page explains how to apply for the right to acquire but also what to consider in making the decision to buy your own home.
You can also appy via the Help to Buy NEYH website.
Who has the Right to Acquire?
To have the right to acquire your home from Sadeh Lok if;
- You have an assured tenancy
- You have had a housing association or council tenancy for more than 2 years if you were a tenant before 18th January 2005. If you became a Sadeh Lok tenant after 18th January 2005 you must have had a housing association or council tenancy for 5 years.
- This is your only home
- Your home was built by Sadeh Lok after 1st April 1997
You can apply for the right to acquire jointly with joint tenants or members of your family who have lived with you for the past 12 months. For more information click here
Who doesn't have the Right to Acquire?
You do not have the right to acquire if;
- You live in a sheltered scheme or where your home is specifically for the use of elderly or disabled people
- You have a court order saying you must leave your home
- You are bankrupt or have been declared insolvent
- Sadeh Lok does not own the free hold of your home
- Sadeh Lok has a court order suspending your right to acquire because of anti social behaviour
- Your home is valued lower than Sadeh Lok’s loan for the property
The information in this document is only guidance and it is not a substitute for any professional or legal advice.
"Your Right to Acquire your Home" a booklet published by the Housing Corporation is available to download here
Your Right To Acquire
You can get free independent advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or a Solicitor
Annual Report 2015/16
Thirteen family-sized houses are taking shape in Sadeh Lok’s latest affordable homes development.
Contractors for the Huddersfield-based hou ...
Sadeh Lok is making changes to your repairs service - click here to read more ...