text size A A | Accessibility | Sitemap

"Happy at Rose Court - good friends here"

STAR Survey Feedback

Location: Home > Money Matters > Home Contents Insurance

Home Contents Insurance

Without home contents insurance you will have to pay the bill for replacing your belongings if they are stolen, damaged by water or even fire. †If you can’t afford to replace such items as your washing machine, cooker, fridge, TV and computer you need to be covered.

For a small amount of money each month you can protect yourself against this risk if the unthinkable happens.

Sadeh Lok work alongside Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance to offer our residents a home contents insurance scheme. †The insurance scheme is designed to offer affordable insurance to housing association residents.

The insurance scheme offers flexible, pay as you go payment options at realistic rates. †There are 2 levels of cover for you to decide from:

∑† Simple

∑† Simple +

Simple cover does not include any cover for Accidental Damage. †You also have the option to add cover for personal belongings, hearing aids or wheelchairs to Simple and Simple +.


Most of your household good and contents including pedal cycles and computer equipment are insured when in your home.

They are covered against loss or damage caused by specific events such as theft, fire and flood.

Also insured are lost or stolen keys, freezer contents, your own legal liability to the public and the cost of alternative accommodation.

Improvements you have made to your home such as fitted kitchens, bathrooms, wardrobes, laminate flooring, patio doors etc (but not greenhouses or conservatories).

Simple +

Simple + includes accidental damage cover.

The minimum amount that can be insured is £6,000. †You should make sure that you are realistic about the amount that you insure. †If you underestimate how much your belongings are worth any payment awarded after a claim may not cover the full cost of replacement.

The amount that you pay for your insurance depends on how much your belongings are worth and whether you opt for Simple or Simple + cover.

If you are interested in taking out home contents insurance then click here to access the application form or contact the Customer Service Team on 01484 435715, option 1.

Note: Please download and read a copy of the home contents insurance Policy Wording click here.

Of course there are many insurance providers and you can check to see which is the cheapest and most suitable for your needs via comparison websites.

∑ †† Confused.com

∑ †† uSwitch.com

∑ †† moneyhelpline.com

Annual Report 2015/16

Please click here

Safer Newsletter out now - June 2017

For the latest news and tips from †WYJS (West Yorkshire Joint Services) download the attached newsletter.† ...
Read more

Skelmanthorpe new homes available for rent

Sadeh Lok, part of the Incommunities Group, is pleased to announce an exciting new development coming soon to Skelmanthorpe in June 2017. The developm ...
Read more

Fartown affordable homes taking shape

Thirteen family-sized houses are taking shape in Sadeh Lok’s latest affordable homes development. Contractors for the Huddersfield-based hou ...
Read more